Are you a resident of Orleans Parish or St. Bernard Parish who needs help rebuilding your home? St. Bernard Project may be able to help you.
We work on residential properties for families who own only one property and who would not be able to afford to rebuild their homes without help. We assess each application on a case by case basis. However, here are some general requirements that each applicant must meet:
- Home in need of rebuilding MUST be located in Orleans or St. Bernard Parish
- Home is at least gutted, has a roof, studs, and an exterior
- Home is owned by you and is your sole residence
- Applicant must have been a resident of Orleans or St. Bernard Parish before Katrina
In addition, the St. Bernard Project gives preference to people with disabilities, the elderly, and parents of children who are 18 years old or younger. Any resident who does not have enough funds on hand to hire a contractor to rebuild, may apply, regardless of your pre-storm living situation (renter/homeowner.)
Applications can be picked up during regular business hours (8:30-5:00) at the SBP office at 8324 Parc Place, in Chalmette. We are behind the old Save-a-Center and next door to Raymar Photography. We can also mail or fax an application if the applicant is unable to come into the office.
Once you complete and submit an application, a St. Bernard Project staff member will contact you within 4-6 weeks to schedule an interview and determine eligibility.
For more information or assistance please call our office at 504-644-4639.
New York & New Jersey
St. Bernard Project is currently working in Rockaway, New York and Sea Bright, New Jersey. If you live in one of these areas and are seeking help rebuilding your home, please contact:
- Avoiding Contractor Fraud
- Contractor Fraud Checklist
- Communicating with Your Insurance Company
- Mold Remediation Checklist